Daytime Emergency Care
Contact Brookfield Pet Hospital Plus
OPEN: Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
Saturday: 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
Call: (714) 962-1369
After-Hours Emergency Care
Contact VCA West Coast Emergency
Call: (714) 241-9001
Emergency Veterinary Care
If your pet is experiencing any distressing symptoms, please contact our office right away, or the after-hours emergency pet hospital location above.
The experienced and compassionate team at Brookfield Pet Hospital Plus offers efficient urgent and emergency care for pets in most emergencies. We are passionate about animals and strive to provide high-quality veterinary care in even the most stressful situations.
What To Do In A Pet Emergency
Steps to take in a veterinary emergency:
- Call The Clinic - Call us immediately if it is during regular business hours. After hours, we recommend that you call the emergency animal hospital listed above to inform them of the situation.
- Follow Clinic Instructions - While you are speaking with the clinic you may be provided with instructions to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable as possible. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Animals can panic while they are in pain they often can react negatively and injure anyone trying to help. Staying calm while assisting your pet will help your pet remain as calm as possible.
- Transport Your Pet To The Clinic - Do not put yourself at risk! If it is possible, please safely transport your pet to our Fountain Valley veterinary clinic or the after-hours emergency vet location listed above.
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions regarding emergency appointments at Brookfield Pet Hospital Plus.
- Should I call ahead?
Brookfield Pet Hospital Plus are proud to provide urgent and emergency care for your pets during our regular clinic hours. While we suggest that you contact us in advance we also understand that in some emergencies that's not always possible.
There may be times when we are unable to care for your pet, during these times we recommend that you visit the after-hours emergency vet location shown above.
- What are your emergency hours?
Our veterinary team can provide emergency care during our regular business hours.
- Monday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Tuesday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Wednesday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Thursday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Friday:08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Saturday:08:30 am - 02:00 pm
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
These are some situations that require immediate medical care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- What will the wait time be to see the vet?
Our Fountain Valley animal hospital operates just as a doctor's office would, please prepare for the possibility of waiting to visit with one of our vets.
As we cannot predetermine what will happen on a day-to-day basis we always recommend calling before arrival to check the status of our hospital
If we are unable to provide care for your pet, we recommend that you visit the 24/7 animal emergency hospital listed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
There is the possibility that your pet might be required to stay at our hospital for continued monitoring and care. At Brookfield Pet Hospital Plus we can provide quality overnight care for the pets that need it.
We will always treat your pet as though it is one of our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our emergency veterinarians can treat cats and dogs as well as small and exotic animals.